1. World Oral Health Day is observed globally every year on 20th March to highlight the importance of oral health for a healthy body. We are honoured to hold “World Oral Health Day” on 20th March 2019 at Foundation University College of Dentistry.
2. Foundation University College of Dentistry is commemorating the event with the spirit of creating awareness among the students, patients and the community. It is especially a step towards the professional development of BDS students. Students’ participation will put them on the right track in professional life to serve the community.
3. Theme for the above mentioned activities for the year 2019 by FDI (World Dental Federation) is:
“Act on Mouth Health”
4. Activities planned for the event are as follows:
a. Poster competition (1st and 2nd year BDS only)
b. Model competition (1st and 2nd year BDS only)
c. Table clinics (3rd and Final year BDS only)
d. Videos (All years)
6. Topics for this years’ slogan around which the activities should be themed include
a. Dentistry is not expensive, neglect is.
b. Think before you eat.
c. To screen or not to screen.
d. Overcoming your fear of the dentist.
e. Fluorides for dental health.